Please respond to my classmate post as a disscussion post:
One of the statistical tests the study Parents Use of Praise and Criticism in a Sample of Young Children Seeking Mental Health Servicesby Swenson et al. (2016) used, was the bivariate spearman correlation test, which is descriptive statistical analysis using a correlation method to measure to what extent are two variables related to each other (Polit & Beck, p 214, 2020). To determine the relationship between these variables a correlation coefficient is calculated and is a range measured from .00 to 1.00, with 1.00 signifying a perfect correlation. Spearmans statistical correlation test is used for smaller population sizes according to Polit and Beck (2020).
With regards to this study there were five variables which were tested, and each variable was correlated to the next. For example, parents self-perception of praise versus their actual observed praise showed an insignificant positive correlation because the correlation coefficient was calculated to be 0.23, and only deemed significant if it was 0.50 or higher. Therefore, there is no significant evidence that the amount of praise they stated they gave their children was related to the amount of praise they were observed to give their children.
For the study Post Traumatic Growth After Birth Trauma: I Was Broken, Now I Am Unbreakable by Beck and Watson (2017), they utilize a metaphor of an earthquake to analyze the narratives of the womens personal experiences. First, the phrases that were collected were categorized to create themes, which then were compared to an earthquake to conceptualize the effect of the traumatic event on the mothers. According to Alligood (2020), the earthquake metaphor was created to describe the events of life and biological changes the woman experiences that lead to a mental crisis such as PTSD (earthquake).
By using this metaphor, the researchers concluded that the power of the experience led to a series of profound changes, or growth in certain areas of the womans life. One of which was the ability to feel stronger, more assertive, more empathetic, and almost invincible as they had felt they had experienced and survived the worst and now they are able to conquer anything.
This was the original instructions of the post if you need it:
Now that we have reviewed sampling and data collection in module five, now we will learn about how the data gets analyzed and what statistical methods or procedures are used to get the results. Please use both the , , and assigned readings to discuss the following questions with your peers.
1. Review the article ” Parents’ Use of Praise and Criticism in a Sample of Young Children Seeking Mental Health Services” (Appendix A) use onlypages 334-335 in your Polit and Beck text.
2. Please review the article “Post traumatic Growth After Birth Trauma: I Was Broken. Now I Am Unbreakable” (Appendix B) use only pages 342-344. in your Polit and Beck text.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?