The Modernists were responding to a global period of unprecedented change and upheaval. How is this reflected in their work? Taken together, what do these poems above seem to be saying about the contemporary world which produced them?
Use Levine, Robert S. The Norton Anthology of American Literature. 9th ed. Volumes D. ISBN-13: 978039326455
Write a brief paragraph addressing the question and including specific evidence to support your ideas.
1. Ernest Hemingway is perhaps the most famous American fiction writer of the twentieth century, but many critics have attacked his work for what they perceive as its misogyny. Looking at “Kilimanjaro,” do you see evidence to support or oppose the idea that Hemingway disliked or simply did not understand women?
2. William Faulkner’s work is almost entirely concerned with the American South in the decades after the Civil War and with the racial and class politics of that time. How is that reflected in these works? What is the relationship between class and race in Faulkner’s stories?
4. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s writing is often concerned with the role of class in American life, and specifically with the nature of either being or wishing to be, rich. Discuss the role money plays in the life of the characters in “Babylon Revisited.”
The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway
· Norton, Volume D
§ Sherwood Anderson (page 251-266), all selections
§ F. Scott Fitzgerald (page 629), “Babylon Revisited”
§ William Faulkner (page 666), “A Rose for Emily” and “Barn Burning”
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?