The Deloitte Foundation, in conjunction with the University of Illinois Center for Professional Responsibility in Business and Society, has created Auditor Independence Education Materials to help students to learn about core concepts, real-world applications, and prevailing rules related to auditor independence.
Please watch the FULL video (3 sections) titled “the Importance of Being Independent” which focuses on the public interest, professional skepticism, financial statements users, and independence in fact and appearance.
§ “Section 1 – Independence 101” (approx. 12 minutes)
§ “Section II – The Public Accounting Profession” (approx. 5 minutes)
§ “Section III – Independence at Work” (approx. 10 minutes)
The video can be found at https://giesbusiness.illinois.edu/responsibility/student-materials After watching the video, please respond to the following questions.
1) Your uncle is employed as the controller of Company J, an audit client of your firm. You are asked to serve on the Company J audit team. You are pretty sure that the independence rules do not prohibit you from serving on the audit team because technically your uncle is not a “close relative.” You have a close relationship with your uncle and see him on a regular basis. Should you disclose this relationship to your firm? Why?
2) What do other professions, such as law or medicine, have in common with the accounting profession?
3) All professionals in public accounting firms, whether they provide audit, tax, or consulting services, should comply with the accounting firm’s independence policies and applicable independence rules. Why do you think this is?
4) Do you consider any of the “five areas of independence,” described in the Video, a greater threat to independence than any of the other areas? Why?
As indicated in the syllabus, your response should not exceed 2 single spaced pages, no outside sources other than the videos (no need of citation). Please review your syllabus for all other formatting and submission guidelines. The due date for this project is also indicated on your syllabus.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?