1. An office building has 100,000 sf of rentable space which is occupied by 10 tenants. The largest tenant has a lease expiring in two years with no options. The debt service coverage ratio on a new loan is 1.35x. If the tenant does not renew its lease, the debt service coverage ratio will drop to 1.05. The bank’s minimum requirement is 1.30x.
How does a lender mitigate the potential risk of the tenant vacating the property and still make a prudent loan?
2. Two side-by-side identical industrial buildings are leased to different tenants. One is leased to a national credit tenant for $12.00/sf for 20 years. The other is leased to a local company for $14.00/sf for 5 years with no options. The buildings are in a newly developed industrial park which is expected to be in demand in the coming years due to the expansion of the interstate.
Which building is worth more? Why?
3. You have received an application from a wealthy developer who is building a shopping center. The developer has built six similar centers in the past ten years and still retains ownership in three of them. You have no loans to this principal. Developer has interest from some tenants to occupy the space when it is completed, given this tenant-landlord relationship in other shopping centers. Your analysis of the deal makes sense to finance the loan but during your due diligence, you have found that an office building development that the principal built 12 years ago was foreclosed on by the lender. The lender lost money on the project. You discussed with the principal, who advised that the office market was soft at that time and when they completed it, tenants did not rent the property, which led to the foreclosure. It was also pointed out that it occurred a long time ago and on an office project – not a shopping center.
Do you proceed with the loan? Why? Or why not?
4. You are financing an office building for an existing borrower of the bank.
What are the first few steps you take in your initial analysis to decide if the loan is worth recommending to the loan committee?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?