In Chapter 10, you are reading about diversity and how reading must be tailored to meet the needs of all students in your secondary classroom, regardless of language, cultural, or special needs. As your authors state, "Diversity is becoming the norm in U.S. classrooms." Your assignment this week, the B-D-A Instructional Framework, should help you understand one method for meeting the needs of diverse students. Open the attached document to follow the assignment. For full credit, please make it clear what strategy you are using, when you are using it, and for what purpose. Use only strategies that can be found in your textbook, and do not use KWL or VSS.
B-D-A Instructional Framework
So far in your textbook, reading strategies have been introduced as used independent of each other. However, there is a framework called the B-D-A Instructional Framework that is more connected and will benefit your students tremendously. This instructional framework uses three strategies in a connected fashion during a lesson. What does B-D-A stand for? I’m sure you’ve determined that it means Before-During-After; therefore, this lesson plan means that you are introducing a lesson and scaffolding this lesson with a great degree of guidance through reading strategies used at appropriate times during the lesson.
How do you know when a strategy is best used? Your textbook has given you that information in two places. First, this information is apparent in the description and application of the strategy itself, but also, at the end of each chapter is a chart that identifies the strategies introduced in that chapter and one row of information in each chart states specifically when that strategy should be used.
For further understanding, review the following chart:
B-D-A Instructional Framework Assignment
You will be creating a B-D-A lesson plan lbased on your level and content area. Here are the steps and the format:
1. First, by lesson, I don’t necessarily mean a one 50 minute period of instruction. We all know that a single “lesson” may last a week or longer. In an introductory paragraph, give some context for and specifics about the lesson. Please give plenty of detail. Your instructional goals should be clear, as well as the reason for using the B-D-A with this lesson. Here are some examples: Is this more difficult material? Have your students had problems with this content in the past? Is the reading level of some of your supplemental information above where your students can comfortably comprehend?
1. Choose which strategies you will use—3 different ones—and detail each in as close to the exact manner as possible when and how they will be used. In other words, don’t just write that you will use a DR-TA as your Before reading strategy, for example. Outline how you will use the strategy, on what reading material, how you will conduct the class during this process, etc. You will want to review all information about each strategy, of course, so that you will use each one correctly. Include any handouts, supplementary reading information, etc. that you can in your submission. You MUST use strategies detailed in the textbook. Do NOT use KWL or the Vocabulary Self Selection Strategy.
1. Don’t forget important motivational factors in this framework! Using reading strategies can generate interest and enthusiasm in your students.
provides: background knowledge
supports reading goals
emphasizes reading goals
assesses reading comprehension
supplements instructional goals
builds interest for further learning
creates readiness to read and learn
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?