ListenReadSpeaker webReader: ListenFocus
Product Differentiation and Positioning
As noted in the Workshop overview, you have been hired as an external consultant by JGJ, Inc. This is the first section of your research-based market and marketing analysis.
This section of the paper will address product differentiation and positioning within the current market, so it will evaluate current competitors and look for an opening that is not being served. You will need to fully analyze the market for current competitors and how they are each positioned. You will need to identify how the new entrant could place itself into an area of need in the market, including the elements of differentiation that will make your offering successful against the competition.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
· Articulate models for product differentiation and positioning within the market.
· File: Market Analysis Report Template
· Textbook: Malcolm McDonald on Marketing Planning: Understanding Marketing Plans and Strategy , Ch. 3, pp. 33-48; Ch. 5-6, pp. 63-116
· Textbook: The 30 Day MBA in Marketing: Your Fast Track Guide to Business Success , Ch. 2, pp. 23-50
· Textbook: Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind , Ch. 1, pp. 5-10; Ch. 16-19, pp. 179-198
You must request these pages from Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind directly from Off Campus Library Services (OCLS). OCLS will email the pages to you within one (1) business day, not including weekends and holidays. Please include all of the information needed for this request: author, publication year, title, and publication information. Email your request to [email protected] or fill out an Online Request for Services form.
You may also call OCLS at 1-800-521-1848. OCLS hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). OCLS closes on Sunday, all university holidays, and holiday weekends.
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. You will submit a market analysis to JGJ, Inc. of 1000 words (+/- 50 words) using at least 4 credible and objective sources not provided as resources in the course in your analysis, plus at least one source provided in the course reading list.
3. You should have no more than 100 words describing the concept of differentiation and positioning. The paper should focus on the application of the concepts through an applied analysis of the target category.
4. Use these seven titles from the Market Analysis Report Template to create seven sections for this part of the consultant’s report:
a. Current annual sales volume in dollars and/or units sold in the market
b. Current competitors and their offerings, including points of differentiation for each offering indicating how they are positioned to each other in the market
c. Current price points of competitors
d. Projected overall market growth rate for the next five years
e. Projected changes to overall pricing in the market for the next five years
f. Recommended position and points of differentiation for the JGJ, Inc. offering
g. Complete buyer profile of the target customer
5. You must have at least one graphic of a positioning matrix indicating current offerings and the segment of the market that JGJ, Inc. will target. The graphic(s) may be attached as a file but the narrative write up must be posted in the main text box areas of the discussion.
6. This first submission will also have a 100- to 150-word introduction to the market or product category to serve as an introduction for your peer and for the contract company. This is in addition to the 1000 words; it will not appear in future sections of the consultant’s report.
7. Cite your work using current APA standards, however indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See OCLS APA Writing Styles Guides )
8. Post your initial proposal into the discussion forum as a post, not as an attached file.
9. In addition, submit your initial proposal document to your instructor by the end of the workshop.
10. Please note the relatively low point value of the initial report is not reflective of the time required or importance of this assignment. The assignment should be viewed as the total of the initial report posted and revised final report submitted and the combined total points for both steps. Further, your goal here is to provide your peer a complete initial proposal so that you can receive valuable feedback to improve your revised final report.
Market Analysis Report: Name of Market
(NOTE: The title page will be included with each section of your paper to identify the author to the instructor.)
Market Analysis Report: Name of Market
(Note: this appears first but is written last in workshop 6; 300 words)
Positioning and Differentiation
Definition of Positioning (100 words)
Brief (one paragraph) description of the market (100-150 words)
Analysis of Current Positioning in the Market
· Current annual sales volume in dollars and/or units sold in the market
· Current competitors and their offerings, including points of differentiation for each offering indicating how they are positioned to each other in the market
· Current price points of competitors
Projections for the Market
· Projected overall market growth rate for the next five years
· Projected changes to overall pricing in the market for the next five years
Recommended Position for JGJ Inc.
· Recommended position and points of differentiation for the JGJ Inc. offering
· Complete buyer profile of the target customer
· Key differentiating characteristics of the offering
· Analysis of demand in the market
Market Segment Demand
· Quantitative data used to determine projected demand
· Methodology used to determine demand
Internal and External Marketing Environments
Analysis of Key External Factors in the Market
· Porter’s five forces model
· Other macroenvironmental external factors
Required Internal Resources and Competencies to Compete in the Market
Required Licenses, Patents, and Rulings or Legal Requirements to Compete in the Market
Pricing, Promotion, and Distribution Channels
Analysis of Current Pricing Models in the Market
Analysis of Current Promotional Models in the Market
Analysis of Current Distribution Models in the Market
Recommended Pricing Strategy for JGJ Inc.
Recommended Promotional Strategy for JGJ Inc.
Recommended Distribution Strategy for JGJ Inc.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Why Hire Safehomework.com writers to do your paper?